Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Busy Cooking Day

I is only 1:00 and I have accomplished so much!  I knew this week that I had to cook a lot of different things since I participated in the Bountiful Baskets last weekend.  (okay, I was lazy over the weekend and didn't cook - I just prepped and put things away for this week)  Here is how my morning has gone:
  • Went to sleep at 12:45 a.m.
  • got up at 6:0 0a.m. (one hour before my alarm was to go off and even though I tried to go back to sleep, it only lasted about 5 minutes. So, I got up)
  • took the dogs outside (Fiona first by herself and then I got the others out - she is shy and doesn't like to go with the boys out there - silly girl)
  • fixed a cup of coffee, heated up a blueberry muffin and cut up a peach and sat down to breakfast.
Kind of like a twitter account, huh? 

  • Decided to get started on all that cooking I needed to do.  Put in the frozen pie crust to cook
  • cut up, mixed up everything for a Quiche. Baked that
  • cut up an onion and threw it along with some rosemary and thyme into a dish with some small white potatoes.  Cooked them about 30 minutes and decided I really wanted them sliced instead, so I sliced them up and put them back in the oven.  (they are really delicious!)  Oh, yes, some EVOO, S and P. - I totally forgot the garlic, but they are great anyway.
  • Before the potatoes were due to come out, I sliced up a red onion, some tomatoes, an orange bell pepper, some garlic cloves and a couple of carrots. Dumped them in a dish along with EVOO, (don't you love Rachel Ray's short cuts?) rosemary, basil and thyme (all fresh) and turned down the oven to slow roast these for a couple of hours.
  • Oops, forgot that while the potatoes were baking I mixed up a pink lemonade pie and put it in the fridge and mixed up the rest of the lemonade in a pitcher to drink. - into the fridge for it, also. 
  • Got out the hamburger patties I got at HEB on Sunday - wrapped them up in packages of two each and put them in the freezer, cleaned up the cabinet around the George Foreman grill - also cleaned up the grill itself, then I cleaned behind the Kurig and the side of the microwave and . . . anyway, got on a mini roll there - cooked two hamburger patties, added the last two slices of Swiss cheese - from the quiche batch, put those on top to melt down. 
  • sliced up an avocado and pulled some fresh Romaine lettuce for my hamburger - "toasted  couple of wheat berry bread slices in the George and fixed me a lunch hamburger.  DELISH!! 
  • Put away the extra patty that I cooked for a later meal, pulled the tomatoes out to cool off before I pulverize everything together for a pasta sauce. 
  • Watched some Price is Right, Ellen a little of the Chew and some World Cup Soccer along the way! 

WHEW!!!  It has already been a busy, busy day and I am not even half way through!  Sorry there are no pictures.  As you all know, I am the worst at remembering to take pictures.  You will just have to use your own imagination of what everything looks like (and smells, like - Hmmmmm,  garlic, onion, rosemary, basil!  That is what my house smells of right now.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment