Monday, July 28, 2014

Food Pictures

A couple of pictures to share.  First is my Chicken BLT Salad served on fresh romaine lettuce with tomato crunchie almonds and sunflower seeds.  Also, my favorite cracker of all time - or at least one of them - the everything cracker from Market Street in Lubbock.  It's really hard to see the chicken salad, but trust me it's under there.  I just mixed it all up and ate away - yum!!

 
Next is some Broccoli Cheese Soup that I made from some broccoli I forgot I had gotten from the Bountiful Baskets.  I had to do something with it and since I had a good hunk of cheddar cheese, cream, milk and chicken broth - voila - broccoli cheese soup.  I also had a good size carrot that I grated on the box grater and sautéed in some butter before beginning my roux for the soup. 

 
Everything is served in my Fiestaware dishes  (lapis pasta bowl for the salad and marigold chowder bowl for the soup).  I just love my Fiestaware!!  I was so glad I made the decision several years ago to sell my dishes I had gotten when I was in college (great blue and white set my neighbor bought in the garage sale for her daughter in college -  who coincidentally went to ACU, also)  They were really nice dishes and I had used them for about 20 years, but I finally decided to start collecting the new fiesta and I am so glad I did.  They are so bright and colorful. 
 
I have one more thing I made, but apparently it's lost somewhere in cyberspace and I will have to re-send it from my tablet tomorrow.  These were taken with my Acer tablet and even though the lights were on and the windows open, they are still a little dark around the edges away from the flash.   

No comments:

Post a Comment